27. června 2011

Review - A Job from Hell

A Job From Hell (Volume 1)Author: Jayde Scott
Series: Ancient Legends Series
Part: first
Pages: 440
Publisher: CreateSpace
Realise date: May 9th 2011
Buy it on Amazon
Annotation from GoodReads:
In a world of love bonds, rituals, dark magic, ancient enemies and immortals, nothing is as it seems and no one can be trusted.
Seventeen-year-old Amber enters the paranormal world by chance when her brother, Dallas, sets her up with a summer job in Scotland. Dallas has spied something in the woods he thinks could make them rich beyond their wildest dreams. But instead of finding riches, Amber unknowingly enters a paranormal race—and promptly wins the first prize—a prize for which many would kill. Soon, she discovers her new boss, Aidan, didn’t employ her for her astounding housekeeping skills and he isn't who he claims to be either.
As the dark forces slowly conspire against Amber, her naivety and love for Aidan catapults her into a calamitous series of otherworldly events. With every immortal creature hunting for her, whom can she trust with her life? 

I really understood this book! English is not my mother tongue but I have been learning English for a really long time, so, I hope that I understood it because of my English and not because that book is so easy. I believe that! J  Of course, that is not my first book in English but it is my first review in this amazing language, so I hope I can do this.


Amber´s brother Dallas sets her up with a summer job in Scotland. Her boss is Aidan, a mysterious hot guy, who is the owner of a really big house. Amber´s job is housekeeping and cooking for Aidan. (She is a really bad cook.) Dallas found some jewellers in a wood cottage and he wants Amber to go with him to steel them. She does it. But the problems appear.
A Job From Hell (Ancient Legends, #1)Amber gets something. It is a paranormal prize and she can see dead people with that, but she doesn’t want it. She wants her normal life back. She is in danger with that prize and Aidan, finding out he loves her, tries to protect her and save her life. Of course, Aidan is not a normal mortal, like some other characters – his brother Kieran, Clare, Cassandra, Angel, Devon…

I really like Amber. She is one of the right heroines for me. She is strong, smart and funny. I laugh a lot because when Amber opens her mouth and when she thinks, sarcasm and funny words come out.
I admire her because she resists. She is not one of the heroines, who fall in love in that moment when they see a guy. She likes Aidan from the beginning but she is sceptic. Does he even notice that someone is cleaning his house? He is really nice and I? I am a normal girl...!
Aidan is a good guy. He loves Amber and he wants her to be with him forever but she wants her old life back. And that is the problem. He tries to convince her to be with him but Amber is Amber. She has her own head.
My favourite character is Cassandra. You can not confuse her with someone else, because she is the daughter of the Devil! But she is likeable, jolly and extraordinary. I even like her more than Amber. 

I really love this book. It has everything that I love.
Actions, entertainment, an interesting story, perfect characters (you have to love them all) and the supernatural world. I admire people, who can create the whole new world with its rules and set in the story. It is fantastic!
I haven´t said it yet – there is the romance. Of course, it is between Aidan and Amber, because they should be together. But there are other two persons. And their story is in the second book of this series – Beelzebub girl.

I give this book every point I have! 5/5!!

I really want to thank Jayde for letting me read her book and write this review, because I was so, so sassy! J

P. S. Have you seen the covers yet? They are amazing! 

0 komentářů:

Okomentovat

Vaše názory mě vždycky potěší, takže rozhodně v komentování neváhejte. Poprosím vás jen o to, abyste nepoužívali profil Anonymní, ale abyste se raději přihlásili pomocí nějaké účtu, nebo zvolili možnost Název/adresa URL, kde napíšete svoje jméno nebo přezdívku. :)

Pravidelní čtenáři

Používá technologii služby Blogger.

Zasílání novinek na email

Prohledejte blog

Očekávejte recenze:


Autoři