18. června 2012

Review: The Gates


The Gates (The Resistance Trilogy, #2)Title: The Gates
Author: Rachael Wade
Series: The Resistance Trilogy
Part: second
Number of pages: 254
Publisher: Rabbit Hole Press
Release date: 2012, March 1
Synopsis:
Getting There is Half the Battle...
Armed with more unsettling knowledge about Gavin Devereaux and her circle of friends, Camille Hart is faced with new adversities and lethal propositions when she returns to the Amaranth exile to carry out Gavin’s risky crusade. 
Realizing her journey through the bayou was only the beginning of her struggle to stay with Gavin, she finds that leaving her Louisiana home is the least of her worries. New evils await her on the other side, and as she and her friends press on with their mission, they are confronted with the reality that everything doesn't always go according to plan. As secrets unfold and alliances are formed and broken, only the strongest will survive and the power of love will be tested when a war between witches, humans, and vampires erupts into an all-out power struggle and all is on the verge of being lost.

If you have read Amaranth, you know that Camille and Gavin are quite not in a good situation. To be honest, it is really bad for them right now. They are going to rise up against the ruler of the magical world, Samira. They have plans, a lot of plans to make that work, but everybody knows how plans like that end. Bad. And even worse…
Img_4379wtmk_large 
I liked Amaranth. I really did. I liked Camille as the main character and I liked Gavin, I liked the story lines, and I loved the cover. So I was really excited about the second book, and I got what I requested: more action. Even though this is romantic vampire book and I know it, I was kind of not interested in the love lines. They are good, and you can really enjoy reading them, but I didn´t. I was simply focusing on the adventures and actions scenes. I know that Camille and Gavin are important in the book and if course in the series, and their relationship is the main power moving the story, but I didn´t felt so strong for them. On the other hand, there also were a lot of scenes I really enjoyed, and I laughed and even cried. That much they were great. But there were also scenes I was just trying survive as soon as possible, because I didn´t like them and I wanted to get to more interesting ones. And then I got them, I mean the action ones and they became my favourite scenes in the whole book. They had everything I need from great adventure: passion, speed and power.  
But when I looked back to the story as one piece, there is quite nothing wrong with it. The bad parts are quickly changing into the better and book is one big ride.

179915_3088666344922_1728568667_n_largeThere was one thing or maybe better word for that would be element, which is as perfect as in the first book. And that is author´s writing style. I fell in love with it in the first book and my love became stronger in The Gates. I admire her that she can spread that great with words everything she wanted and you will enjoy reading it.

Camille is really good heroine. During the reading, you are not thinking about the situation between you, Camille and a big pan. You actually can stand her and you like her, because she is strong and thinking heroine.
Gavin is fine too, but there were a few bad moments with him and I am not happy about him as I could be. I sometimes do not like his behaviour to Camille. But when he is like really him, that great guy, he was much more acceptable and I like him.
The other characters were really good too. Almost everyone has his space to show up, so you can pick your favourite one and love him…

The Gates is really enjoyable read and you can find whatever you like on a book in it: romance, super characters and really good adventures. Just to wait for the third book and her explosion...

Many thanks to Rachael for the copy. 

1 komentář:

  1. waw ... pekne :) po anglicky sa mi to paci, len musim trosku viac prekladat, nie som az taky expert :D... ak sa chces zapojit do mojej giveaway, tak klikni tu: http://artjournalstories.blogspot.sk/2012/06/trnava-minute-part-3-international.html

    OdpovědětVymazat

Vaše názory mě vždycky potěší, takže rozhodně v komentování neváhejte. Poprosím vás jen o to, abyste nepoužívali profil Anonymní, ale abyste se raději přihlásili pomocí nějaké účtu, nebo zvolili možnost Název/adresa URL, kde napíšete svoje jméno nebo přezdívku. :)

Fotka uživatele My Books - My Loves.
Willinda


Pravidelní čtenáři

Používá technologii služby Blogger.

Zasílání novinek na email

Prohledejte blog

Očekávejte recenze:

Mluv by Laurie Halse Anderson

Autoři